Dr. Manalac is a board-certified Internal Medicine Physician. Additionally, he is a Certified Hypertension Specialist, certified by the American Board of Clinical Lipidology as a Clinical Lipidologist, and is a diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine. Prior to joining Ro, he was an Assistant Professor of Clinical Research at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center where his research and clinical activity focused on interventions directed at metabolic disease and obesity. Dr. Raoul is passionate about the integration of technology to improve clinical care. He lives with his wife and son in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Undergrad: Biological Sciences and Psychology, Louisiana State University
- Medical School: Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Residency: Internal Medicine at the Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine
- Fellow of the Society of Hospital Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Certified Hypertension Specialist, American Hypertension Specialist Certification Program
- Diplomate of the American Board of Clinical Lipidology
- Hospitalist at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Research, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Obesity Medicine Specialist, Metamor Institute, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Our medical review process
Every article on Health Guide goes through rigorous fact-checking by our team of medical reviewers. Our reviewers are trained medical professionals who ensure each article contains the most up-to-date information, and that medical details have been correctly interpreted by the writer. Learn more about our medical review team and process here.