Manager, Medical Content & Education
Addie Sherbany Ganik is a board-certified dermatologist and a Manager, Medical Content & Education at Ro. Dr. Ganik obtained her undergraduate degree from SUNY Stony Brook and her M.D. from New York University School of Medicine. She completed her dermatology residency at the New York University Medical Center Skin & Cancer Unit, where she developed a particular interest in inflammatory skin conditions. In addition to practicing dermatology in both hospital and private practice settings, Dr. Ganik was also a postdoctoral fellow in the Laboratory for Investigative Dermatology at The Rockefeller University, where her research focused on psoriasis and retinoids. Dr. Ganik is especially passionate about explaining and clarifying the science behind skin disease and skincare. In her free time, she loves to repurpose flea market finds and in another life would have liked to have been a carpenter.
- Undergraduate: B.S. in Biology from SUNY Stonybrook (summa cum laude)
- Medical school: M.D. from New York University School of Medicine
- Dermatology residency: NYU Skin and Cancer Unit
- Board-certified in Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Post-doctoral fellowship: Laboratory for Investigative Dermatology, The Rockefeller University
- Dermatologist in private practice
Our medical review process
Every article on Health Guide goes through rigorous fact-checking by our team of medical reviewers. Our reviewers are trained medical professionals who ensure each article contains the most up-to-date information, and that medical details have been correctly interpreted by the writer. Learn more about our medical review team and process here.