Senior Medical Writer, Health Guide
Dr. Richa graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Afterward, she continued her studies at the University of Maryland where she completed a residency in Ophthalmology, and then pursued a fellowship in Oculoplastic surgery. Her passion for education led her to join the faculty in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Maryland, where she was both Assistant Residency Program Director and the Director of Medical Student Education for the department. While working as a Senior Medical Writer for Ro, she remains a Clinical Assistant Professor and continues to see patients at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Medical writing allows her to use her passion and talent for education to help patients everywhere better understand their medical issues. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, traveling, and spending time with her husband and children. Her favorite pastime is curling up with a good book.
- Undergrad: B.S. in Biology from Villanova University (summa cum laude)
- Medical school: M.D. from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology residency: University of Maryland
- Oculoplastic surgery fellowship: Allegheny General Hospital
- Board-certified in Ophthalmology (American Board of Ophthalmology)
- Assistant Residency Program Director, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Maryland
- Director of Medical Student Education, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Maryland
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Maryland (current)
Our medical review process
Every article on Health Guide goes through rigorous fact-checking by our team of medical reviewers. Our reviewers are trained medical professionals who ensure each article contains the most up-to-date information, and that medical details have been correctly interpreted by the writer. Learn more about our medical review team and process here.