Director, Medical Content & Education
Dr. Mike is a licensed physician and the Director, Medical Content & Education at Ro. He also sits on the Medical Expert Board of Eat This, Not That!
Dr. Mike is a graduate of the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME) at Brown University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Egyptian and Ancient Western Asian Archaeology from the College and Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the Warren Alpert Medical School. He has also earned a Master of Public Health (MPH) in General Public Health from Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health and Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in the field of Journalism, Graduate Certificate in Digital Storytelling, and Graduate Certificate in Marketing Management and Digital Strategy from Harvard University’s Harvard Extension School (from which he received the Dean’s List Academic Achievement Award). Dr. Mike is currently enrolled in a dual-degree program at Cornell University, where he is pursuing an Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management and Master of Science (MS) in Healthcare Leadership from the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences.
Dr. Mike is Certified in Public Health (CPH) by the National Board of Public Health Examiners, Medical Writer Certified (MWC) by the American Medical Writers Association, a certified Editor in the Life Sciences (ELS) by the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences, and a Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) by the National Academy of Sports Medicine. He has also received recognition from The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for his work as a Medical Student Producer of The Dr. Oz Show, recipient of Outstanding Informative Talk Show at the 2016–2017 Daytime Emmy® Awards. His additional work in medical journalism includes writing medical segments for radio, working for a medical podcast, producing and acting in patient education videos, and writing, editing, and offering quotes for various other platforms on the internet.
Prior to joining Ro, Dr. Mike conducted orthopaedic and biomaterial research at Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland (publishing in Acta Biomaterialia, Clinical Biomechanics, Bone & Joint Research, and Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics), worked as a Medical Editor/Writer at Sharecare, and trained in internal medicine with a focus on community health at NYU Langone Health. He has also practiced clinically as a general practitioner on international medical relief projects with Medical Ministry International.
Dr. Mike lives in Manhattan with his husband, cat, and bearded dragon. He enjoys biking, resistance training, sailing, scuba diving, skiing, tennis, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Egyptian and Ancient Western Asian Archaeology from Brown University | College
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) from Brown University | Warren Alpert Medical School
- Master of Public Health (MPH) in General Public Health from Columbia University | Mailman School of Public Health
- Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in Journalism from Harvard University | Harvard Extension School
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Cornell University | Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management (anticipated 2024)
- Master of Science (MS) in Healthcare Leadership from Cornell University | Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences (anticipated 2024)
- NYU Internal Medicine Residency—Brooklyn Community Health Track at New York University | NYU Grossman School of Medicine
- Certified in Public Health (National Board of Public Health Examiners)
- Medical Writer Certified (American Medical Writers Association)
- Editor in the Life Sciences (Board of Editors in the Life Sciences)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Digital Storytelling Graduate Certificate (Harvard Extension School)
- Marketing Management and Digital Strategy Graduate Certificate (Harvard Extension School)
- Recognition of contributions to the Emmy® Award-winning “The Dr. Oz Show,” recipient of Outstanding Informative Talk Show, 2016–2017 Daytime Emmy® Awards from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- Medical relief project participation in Ecuador, Bolivia, Colombia, and the Philippines with Medical Ministry International
- Medical Expert Board Member for Eat This, Not That!
- Biomechanical evaluation of a novel suturing scheme for grafting load-bearing collagen scaffolds for rotator cuff repair. Clinical Biomechanics (Bristol, Avon). 2015 Aug; 30(7): 669–675. doi:10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2015.05.007
- Effects of PDGF-BB delivery from heparinized collagen sutures on the healing of lacerated chicken flexor tendon in vivo. Acta Biomaterialia, 2017 Nov; 63: 200–209. doi:10.1016/j.actbio.2017.09.006
- Pelvic incidence and acetabular version in slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 2015 Sep; 35(6), 565-70. doi:10.1097/BPO.0000000000000342
- Relationship between pelvic incidence and osteoarthritis of the hip. Bone & Joint Research, 2016 Feb; 5(2), 66–72. doi:10.1302/2046-3758.52.2000552
Read more from Mike Bohl, MD, MPH, ALM
Our medical review process
Every article on Health Guide goes through rigorous fact-checking by our team of medical reviewers. Our reviewers are trained medical professionals who ensure each article contains the most up-to-date information, and that medical details have been correctly interpreted by the writer. Learn more about our medical review team and process.
Our editorial process
Before undergoing rigorous medical review, every Health Guide article is held to the highest editorial standards. Our editorial team ensures each article aligns with our tone of voice, style, and grammatical standards. Learn more about our editorial guidelines.