Medical Writer, Health Guide
Nancy LaChance is a writer with a background in nursing and in global health research and communications. She has a passion for empowering people to make health decisions with information that is accurate, engaging, and non-judgmental. Before joining Ro, she worked as a Registered Nurse and for an international NGO writing and managing communications for a multi-country family planning research program. As an RN, Nancy specializes in reproductive health and obstetrics, and has worked at Planned Parenthood, in a labor & delivery unit, and in postpartum care. Nancy is also a birth doula, an avid gardener, and enjoys reading and traveling.
- Undergrad: Bachelor of Arts in International Development Studies & Arabic Language from McGill University
- Nursing school: Bachelor of Nursing from Samuel Merritt University
- Registered Nurse, Washington DC Board of Nursing
- Communications & Research Utilization Manager, Population Council
- French and Arabic language translation experience
Our medical review process
Every article on Health Guide goes through rigorous fact-checking by our team of medical reviewers. Our reviewers are trained medical professionals who ensure each article contains the most up-to-date information, and that medical details have been correctly interpreted by the writer. Learn more about our medical review team and process here.