Senior Manager, Medical Content & Education
Dr. Steve Silvestro is a board-certified pediatrician and Associate Director, Clinical Content & Education at Ro. He also performs bone marrow harvests at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, with the bone marrow used for donation around the world.
Dr. Steve practiced pediatrics for over eleven years. During that time, he came to recognize that many of the anxieties families feel around healthcare could be relieved with clear, accurate, empathetic information. As a result of this realization, Dr. Steve has made a career of distilling complex medical information and empowering people to take control of their own health. He founded and hosts The Child Repair Guide, a multimedia parent education platform that has received coverage from multiple media outlets, including The Washington Post, Axios, and Reader’s Digest; and has produced viral content that has garnered millions of shares. He has served as an advisor to parenting-oriented startups and even coproduced a YouTube series for educating preschool children at home.
Dr. Steve is a “triple Hoya,” having completed his undergraduate, medical, and pediatric training at Georgetown University. His experiences at Georgetown were varied, from working with Patch Adams, to studying and teaching mindfulness-based practices through the Georgetown School of Medicine’s Mind-Body Medicine Program.
At Ro, Dr. Steve works in various capacities to ensure that Ro members and the general public have the best and most impactful health information at their fingertips, allowing them to take control of their health and live their best lives.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) from Georgetown University
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) from Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Pediatric Residency from MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Department of Pediatrics
- Board certified in Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Mind-Body Medicine Co-facilitator, Georgetown University School of Medicine Mind-Body Medicine Program
- Featured in The Washington Post, Axios, Reader’s Digest, Salon, Huffington Post, Ariana Huffington’s Thrive Global, ScaryMommy, Fatherly, CafeMom, TheBump, and more
- Author of viral health content, with top article garnering over 1.5 million social shares
- Bone marrow harvesting physician at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s Blood and Marrow Collection Program
- Host of The Child Repair Guide Podcast, named an iTunes New & Noteworthy Podcast
- Co-Founder of the 10-Minute Preschool YouTube series
- Founder of the Mindfulness for Parents Online Course
- Advisor to BébéVoyage
- Advisor to Arrow Birth
- Named to Washingtonian Magazine’s “Top Doctors” List 4x
- Washington Family Magazine “Best Pediatrician” Finalist
- Washington Parent Magazine “Favorite Docs”
- OrganizedWisdom.com “Top Pediatrician”
- Intermittent Reinforcement: The one mistake every parent makes
- Potty training tips: Overcome the 6 most common obstacles
- The power of apologizing to your kids
- Nosebleeds in kids: What to do and when to get checked
- The new and faster way to teach your child how to ride a bike
- How to get your child to take medicine
- Pediatrician’s tips for cough, croup, and wheezing in kids
- Teaching kids empathy and compassion
- Change your family’s narrative
- This pediatrician recommends no coronavirus playdates (early 2020 pandemic)
- Silvestro SR, Chapman GB. A transmission electron microscope study of “New Dawn” climber rose (Rosa wichuraiana x safrano) exhibiting rose rosette disease. Plant Cell Reports, 23(5):345- 351, 2004. doi: 10.1007/s00299-004-0838-3
Read more from Steve Silvestro, MD
Our medical review process
Every article on Health Guide goes through rigorous fact-checking by our team of medical reviewers. Our reviewers are trained medical professionals who ensure each article contains the most up-to-date information, and that medical details have been correctly interpreted by the writer. Learn more about our medical review team and process here.